MakeSense makes it possible for anyone in the world to get involved at any level to solve social and environmental issues. We empower people to engage in projects and challenges that help social entrepreneurs. By solving multiple concrete challenges, they contribute to solutions for some of the biggest problems faced by our society. We turn social engagement into an easy, fun and efficient learning experience, accessible to absolutely everyone at a global scale.
We are talking about more than 1,100 social entrepreneurs helped in 100 cities by 25,000 volunteers in 4 years!
You will work in close collaboration with the CTO to maintain and develop the web platform of Makesense.org. You will be in charge of specifying and implementing top requested features of our great community in an agile process while ensuring that the platform can scale fast all over the world. You will also be in charge of implementing our public API which will be primarily consumed by our partners, social businesses and mobile app.
- Development of the backend in RoR to address functionalities of the web app, mobile app and public API
- Development of the web app frontend in html/css/js. React or AngularJS, you choose
- Follow up, load test and analyze the performance of our platform
- Challenge the architecture choices
- Help the CTO to take data-driven strategic decisions
You are familiar with continuous integration, code coverage, code reviews or the 12 factor manifesto and it helps you building elegant, scalable code every day. You think DevOps is already part of your developer job.
- 2/3 years of experience in RoR web development
- You are able to speak fluent technical english
- You have a startup experience
- Ping pong skills for our weekly tournament